Brigham and Women’s Hospital offers many educational opportunities to administrative staff through BWH Organization Effectiveness and other programs, including:
- The BWH Organizational Effectiveness team offers many useful trainings on topics such as management, professional communication and unconscious bias.
- The Brigham Leadership Program is a rigorous leadership development program offered by the Brigham Education Institute (BEI), the Physicians’ Council and the Brigham and Women’s Physicians Organization (BWPO) in collaboration with Harvard Business School (HBS).
- The Deland Fellowship is a one-year administrative experience which prepares professionals to be leaders of health care institutions. All throughout the year, Fellows are exposed to the operations of an academic and community-based medical center. They develop the skills which are fundamental to their professional development as healthcare professionals.
- The Narrative Medicine Initiative is is designed to enhance narrative communication skills as a framework for care, helping staff to engage more empathetically and collaboratively with patients, colleagues and the broader medical community.
- The Partners HealthCare Professional Development Series is offered twice a year – in the Spring and Fall – on various days and times and at different locations to accommodate your busy schedule.