The BEI Medical Education Journal Club occurs on the second Thursday of every month from 12:15pm – 1:00pm at BWH. Sessions are led by BWH faculty members and trainees. All medical educators, trainees, and medical education administrators are encouraged to attend these sessions.
Journal Club Facilitators:
- Erik Alexander, MD, BEI Executive Director
- Glenn Gaviola, MD, BWH Radiology Residency Program Director
- Stephanie Nitzchke, MD, BWH/HMS Surgical Critical Care Course Director
The goals of the Medical Education Journal Club are to:
- Provide critical review & discussion of medical education innovation & research
- Grow the awareness and understanding of medical education research – different models, research methodology, publishable findings
- Facilitate cross-specialty (and trainee to faculty) interactions, as well as mentorship in medical education
- Register to attend an upcoming journal club session – see dates below.
- Prior to each session, the selected article will be posted online and announced via email to those who have registered. Attendees are asked to read the chosen article in advance of the journal club session.
- Walk in attendees are welcome, we will have copies of the article available during the session.
Join us for an upcoming session: