BWH MEDICAL LIBRARY
Medical Librarian: Susan Warthman
Librarian on main campus:
- Wednesdays and Fridays
- Also available virtually by appointment Mon-Fri
*Located In The BEI Knowledge Center
(Former Medical Library – Thorn 127)
- Use of the electronic library collection
- Reference assistance in person, by phone, or e-mail
- Literature/database searching
- Classes – PubMed, CINAHL, Zotero, ClinicalKey, Ovid
- Individual instruction and/or group instruction available
Document Delivery (Inter-Library Loan – Journal Articles)
- Please indicate whether for patient care
- Submit Inter-Library Loan information via library’s e-mail
- No fees
- MA Library System
- Clinical Key
- EBSCO Databases (CINAHL Plus with full text)
- ERIC – Educational Resources Information Center
- Hale's Medications & Mothers' Milk
- Natural Medicines/Natural Standard
- Radiation Event Medical Management (REMM)
- MGB Handbook
These general databases are funded by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners & the Massachusetts Library System. They include Encyclopedias, Newspapers, and more. Click here: MLIN Databases
These databases are brought to you by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners and the Massachusetts Library System purchased with state funds and federal Institute of Museum and Library Services funds.
Please Note: REMOTE ACCESS to Library Resources is AVAILABLE via OpenAthens
Login with your Brigham Credentials when you see "Sign-On to OpenAthens."
Watch this video to learn more. If you need access, contact administrators email the BEI at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Resources to Connect to:
Partners Research Information Science and Computing (RISC)
RISC supports "research by providing scientific services and technology, a centralized clinical data registry, genomics IT, specimen banking, and administrative systems. These specialized applications, processes and resources support basic, biomedical and clinical research missions across the academic medical centers of Partners HealthCare. Many of the services are shared across the institutions at no cost to researchers. Additional services such as dedicated consultation, academic software licenses, data storage and back-up are offered on a fee-for-service basis."
How to Find Virtual BWH Resources: Click here to open
Get Access to Pubmed: Click here to open
Library Services Bundle: Click here to open
- BWH Perianesthesia Nursing Resources
- BWH Psych Nursing Resources
- Health Statistics - Web Resources
- Medical Education Compendium
- Citation Managers at BWH
NIH Public Access Policy Resources
2023 Final NIH Policy for Data Management and Sharing Plans (DMSP)
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has issued its Final NIH Policy for Data Management and Sharing Plans (DMSP) to promote the management and sharing of scientific data generated from NIH-funded or conducted research. This policy will require the submission of Data Management and Sharing Plans at the time of grant application, effective January 25, 2023.
Here are some resources to help you learn more about this forthcoming policy:
The data-sharing policy could set a global standard for biomedical research, scientists say, but they have questions about logistics and equity.
• Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology: DataWorks! Project
DataWorks! Salons enable researchers to gather to educate each other, illuminate best practices, and innovate new solutions in a casual atmosphere. DataWorks! Salon talks can be attended live or viewed later.
Other web sites:
Watch Our E-Learning Videos Below For Helpful Online Medical Library Tools.
How to Access OpenAthens
How to use ClinicalKey
How to Use Zotero
Searching CINAHL with the Brigham Librarian
Using Database Tools to Save Your Work, and Your Time!
Discover Library e-Resources: e-Journals and e-Books