Professor, Remote Medicine and Health
James Cook University, Queensland, Australia
Top 5 areas of expertise and interest
- Curriculum and assessment design
- Medical education research
- Faculty development
- Quality assurance/accreditation of medical programs
- Richard Hays is a Rural Medical Generalist (primary care plus procedural Obstetrics) with clinical practice mostly in regional/rural settings in Australia (Queensland and Tasmania) and with the NHS while working in the UK.
- Substantive leadership roles in several medical schools, mostly around curriculum and assessment design, primarily with new, rural-oriented medical programs, building on doctoral level qualifications in medicine and education.
Current academic roles in north-western Queensland:
- Teaches and supervises medical students, general practice specialty trainees
- Teaches and supervises research students
See also: Leadership Core